Describe a group activity you successfully took part in (for example, at school, university or work).
You should say:
what the activity was
who was with you
how easy or difficult it was
and explain how you felt about being part of this team.
- I have done many group activities when I was in school such as playing games like cricket and volleyball.
- But here I am going to talk about a group activity which was making a model for participating in an environment fair.
- This fair is held every year in December in my home town
- This model was on the topic of pollution
- We were a team of four students – Mohit, Rohan, Ravi and I.
- It was very difficult to collect ideas for the model, but our teacher, Mrs Promilla helped us.
- We collected all data from different sources like the internet, library, magazines and so on
- We presented all three types of pollution – air, water and noise pollution - on thermocol
- In this project we showed the causes, effects and ways to control pollution
- We had to speak turn wise on our model.
- I remember I was very afraid to speak.
- But my other friends gave me the confidence. I felt very good that I was part of that team.
- I spoke very well that time.
- Getting over my glossophobia was an accomplishment for me.
- We won the first prize in this competition.
- The judges specially mentioned that the first prize was mainly because of the verbal explanation of the model.
- This fair was covered by the local cable TV and so many people of the neighbourhood congratulated me the next day.
- Our photograph was also there in the local newspaper Jag Baani.
- Our school principal also appreciated us
- I cannot forget that day.
- All four of us were on cloud nine on that day.