A situation when you behaved politely
- I am normally a very well behaved person.
- And I don’t lose my temper easily.
- But here I m going to speak about a situation it was very easy to be angry and rude; but I still behaved politely.
- It so happened that I bought a beautiful pearl necklace for myself.
I bought this necklace after saving my pocket money for one whole year.
- One day my 7 year old cousin came to my house and started fiddling with my jewellery box.
- I stopped her many times but she wouldn’t listen.
- She took my pearl necklace and broke its string.
- All the pearls scattered on the floor.
- I was very angry.
- I wanted to slap her hard.
- But I have read somewhere that if you are really very angry then you should clench your fist and count 10.
- I did that. And by the time I had counted 10 my anger vanished.
- I didn’t say anything to my cousin.
- After all she’s only a child.
- Then I picked all the pearls and got them re-stringed.
- I know very well that if I had beaten my cousin for breaking my necklace or even spoken some harsh words to her, I would have felt bad later on.
- Anger and rudeness leads to nothing
- Whereas politeness is the flower of humanity.