Dear users of my site, I have put up a few videos related to IELTS topics on youtube. I would really appreciate your feedback on them.
After going to youtube.com, search for makkarielts
Cue cards my students got in March 2015
- Introduction to an app
- A time when someone lied to you or did not tell you the whole truth
- Long journey
- Invite friend to meal
- Old person you respect
- Handsome or beautiful person you met
- Traffic jam
- A place you would like to visit again
- Exciting sport
- A person you want to be like
- Family event
- Successful singer or band
- Something you borrowed
- Something you would like to buy
- Help a stranger
- Interesting news on TV
- Group activity
- Unusual building
- Friendly to a person you do not like
- A place near water
- A place full of colour
- A vehicle you would like to own
- Something you did which was a waste of time
- Interesting thing you learnt from internet
- Important job
- A time you had to wait for someone
- A good news you heard
- Famous sportsperson
- A prize you would like to win
- A time you got lost
This is my first attempt at making a video discussing a very important topic of IELTS - Telecommuting
This topic is important for Academic and Genera Training IELTS both.
If you like this video and would like me to post more, please encourage me by commenting below the video
Speaking Jan 2015 to March 2015
- 1. Describe an exciting sport you know
- What the sport is
- How you know about it
- Is it difficult
- Explain why you think it is exciting
- What do you think of extreme sports?
- Should governments ban dangerous sports for young people?
- Would you encourage young people to do these sports?
- What kind of ball games do Indian people like to do?
- What kind of sports can people in your country watch on TV
- Are there many TV programs about sports in your country?
- Do you think these programs can help people play sports more often?
- Why do people play extreme sports?
- Why cant government stop people from playing dangerous sports?
10. What is the difference between professional athletes and amateur athletes?
- 2. Describe a person you know who is good at cooking
- Who the person is
- What is your relationship with this person
- What kind of food he or she cooks
- Explain why you think this person is so good at cooking
- How often do Indian people cook at home?
- There are more restaurants nowadays. Do you think people eat out more?
- Do schools have cooking classes in your country?
- Do you think we should teach children how to cook?
Favourite Fairy Tale Character (Cinderella)
- I have read many books in my childhood – like story books, comics and so on.
- I would like to talk about my favourite fairy tale character – Cinderella
- I read this story in the book – Grimm’s Fairy Tales
- This book has many fairy tales, like The Frog Prince, Snowhite, etc., but the Cinderella story always fascinated me the most.